This section of Astroblahhh.Com contains things related to computer software - not only my own software, but also software by others.
By the way - for free, or for donations, or for upfront payment, I provide libre, open source, public domain software programming services, and I also am willing to try to answer questions about programming or other computer-related things.
You can also request things like that on the Eryss.Com Forum.
For multiple kinds of computers
Makes it easier to view and choose between fonts and different font sizes and styles. Also contains a useful random color generator.
- Astroblahhh Simple Generator of Many VUE Nodes with Random Colors and Fonts v1.0 Zip File of Source Code
It generates copy-and-pasteable source code for a .vue file, and using the Raphaël library (not by me), shows you right in your web browser approximately what the nodes will look like in VUE. The .vue source code it generates definitely works with VUE 3.0.2 and VUE 3.2.2.
- Astroblahhh Simple Generator of a Single VUE Node with 3 Random Colors v1.0 Zip File of Source Code
A very primitive version of the preceding. Only generates a single node and three different copy-and-pasteable random hexadecimal colors.
- Astroblahhh Desktop - Featuring the Astroblahhh Web Links Organizer, Astroblahhh Idea Organizer, and Astroblahhh File Organizer. The last release was in Dec. 2009, but I actually still frequently use Astroblahhh Desktop and really ought to release an update. You can discuss Astroblahhh Desktop at the Eryss.Com Forum.
- Astrosorting Music Organization Database (AMODB)
- WordsPlatz Blog Software
Not by me:
- 28 Raphaël Demos saved 11/24/2013, all downloadable in a single zip file (463 KB)
(If you just want to look at the demos without having to save anything, you can at the official Raphaël site, raphaeljs.com.)
Raphaël is impressively compatible with a wide range of browsers. It seems to run slower in older browsers, but with Internet Explorer 6 and Opera 10, I tested it in Windows XP in VirtualBox*, which is often slower than real Windows. All worked fine (though slowly) in Opera 10 (in VirtualBox). And astonishingly, only one demo didn't work in Internet Explorer 6 (in VirtualBox) - the Reflection demo.
I made this zip file to make it easy to download all the demos at once, and because I couldn't easily find such a zip file on the official Raphaël site raphaeljs.com, nor elsewhere on the web.
Saving the demos the normal way with my web browsers was somehow breaking the demos, so, to save them, I had to use my browser's View Page Source function, then copy and paste each individual file of source code into a text editor, and save it using the text editor.
For Ubuntu-based Puppy Linuxes and Slacko Puppy
These next two consist of stuff that is mostly not authored by me (except for a bunch of documentation I wrote, and some useful little scripts I wrote). I packaged it all together to make it easy to install in Puppy Linux.
Perhaps someday I will make versions of these for Windows or even MacOS.
- Astroblahhh GLMP-GTK - Useful to people who wish to learn how to do web programming (especially in PHP), or who wish to run web apps locally while disconnected from the internet, or who wish to write or run PHP-GTK desktop apps.
Almost a GLAMP or LAMP software bundle, with PHP** 5.2.17 and MariaDB** 5.3.12 ("a drop-in replacement for MySQL"**), but no included web server. (The Puppies Astroblahhh GLMP-GTK runs with have web servers installed already.)
- Astroblahhh PH-GTK - Useful to people who wish to write or run PHP-GTK desktop apps. It's basically the same thing as Astroblahhh GLMP-GTK, but without MariaDB and without web server-related features.
- Eryss Astrology Software and Swiss Ephemeris Extension Package for Astroblahhh GLMP-GTK and Astroblahhh PH-GTK - Eryss is some currently rather primitive (but still nice and useful) astrology software I wrote. Like quite a lot of other astrology software in existence, Eryss relies heavily on some great free, libre, open source software I had nothing to do with authoring, the Swiss Ephemeris.
Using Eryss, you can easily calculate the positions of tons of different asteroids, among other things.
Eryss is written in PHP**, with parts of it in Bash** - but unusually, unlike most PHP software, Eryss is currently not designed to run on a web server. Eryss is meant to be run using either Astroblahhh GLMP-GTK or Astroblahhh PH-GTK.
For Linux-based web servers
I wrote this Perl script to automate an annoying monthly chore I used to have to do manually - saving my websites' raw statistics logs, which otherwise get deleted after 30 days.
My web host is DreamHost, so it might work best if you're also using DreamHost. But, this script might work with other web hosts, perhaps with some modifications.
Instructions are in the source code.
Info and Tips About Software
- America Online Personal Filing Cabinet (PFC) Files, and How to Convert Them For Free
- Opera Web Browser Tips
- Opera Widgets I Like, and Tips
Software-Related Stuff in Other Sections of This Website
- Software located in the Astrology section:
- MagnaMural: Texture Display & Organizer - something I wrote in LSL, the scripting language of Second Life.
- See the Linux section of this site.
- See the Firefox Add-Ons section of this site.
- Notes on Celestia - the controls, and various other notes regarding the astronomy software Celestia.
Software info elsewhere:
- DonationCoder.com - This is an amazing resource full of excellent, useful freeware and donationware software. There are also forums, software discounts, reviews, etc. And, the site is microdonation-enabled.