Blog Main Archive - Mar 2017

Posts Below
3/14/2017 - The Mad Drummer (Music)
3/27/2017 - Salty XML Transformer v1.0 (Software)

    Hide/Show:


   ▲ Top  ▼ Bottom  △ TOC   ↓ Down
The Mad Drummer
Tuesday, March 14th, 2017
23:02:45 GMT

Music


On YouTube, I recently found one of the best drummers in the world. :-)

His website: TheMadDrummer.com


   ▲ Top  ▼ Bottom  △ TOC   ↓ Down


   ▲ Top  ▼ Bottom  △ TOC   Up ↑
Salty XML Transformer v1.0
Monday, March 27th, 2017
01:58:39 GMT

Software

Blog post last edited April 3, 2017 at 2:23 PM EDT.

Salty is now at Version 1.2.


If you liked the Simple Schematron Demo for PHP 5.6.28 and Saxon/C 1.0.2, here's another PHP and Saxon/C-requiring thing you might like.

I just finished and released this today:

Salty XML Transformer

A crude but effective-enough way to use (or try to use) any XSLT sheet to transform any XML file or VUE concept map file.

Named "Salty" because the name XSLT reminds me of salt, and because I didn't have the energy or patience to try to make something more perfect and less crude. ("Crude", "coarse", and "vulgar" are some of the less frequently-used meanings of the word "salty".)


Anyway, it's good enough that I can now much more easily play around with XSLT 2.0 in PHP, and try to figure out how to use XSLT to do clever things with VUE (Visual Understanding Environment) concept map files.

By the way, here's my modified version of VUE again.


Someday, I'd like to update my Puppy Linux Setup Kit sufficiently to make it tremendously easier to install everything you'll need to be able to use the Salty XML Transformer and/or the Simple Schematron Demo, such as PHP, Saxon/C, etc.

But, I'm probably going to be preoccupied for a while with trying to build a visual programming system, since I think even a relatively simple, primitive one might make programming far easier, faster, and more fun.


Addition, March 28, 2017, 11:17 PM EDT. Updated to Version 1.1, which hopefully fixes the problem (at least with VUE maps) of some Unicode characters such as 🗁 being transformed into garbage characters (also known as mojibake).

Also fixed that for some but not all plain, non-VUE XML files. To avoid garbage (mojibake) output, those XML files must use Unicode entities instead of normal Unicode characters.

Also fixed a small glitch that stopped plain, non-VUE XML files from even being read.


Addition, April 3, 2017, 2:23 PM EDT. Updated to Version 1.2. Now it's possible to give Salty arguments to pass as parameters to XSLT.

   ▲ Top  ▼ Bottom  △ TOC   Up ↑


    Hide/Show: